So how do you differentiate your business among other wedding businesses? Here are 5 easy things that you can do to stand out and be more attractive to mobile millennials:
1. Your Website: Your site needs to be responsive. At the very least, it should have an easy-to-read mobile version. Consider how your images appear on the mobile site and how easy is it to find contact information and directions. It is very likely that your clients or potential clients will be on the road and trying to contact you through your site.
How many guests are Googling your venue on their phone? It’s your job to make sure they have a good experience when they land on your site on their iPhone.
2. Platform: Google Analytics should be your go-to tool to see what type of traffic you are getting from different mobile platforms. Use the info you are gathering to optimize your marketing strategy towards those devices.
Here are the steps to see that information: Log into Google Analytics, click on Audience, then Mobile, then Devices. If your venue is like those that we consult, you are looking at about 20% of your visits coming from mobile devices and 86% of that mobile traffic is coming on an iPad, iPhone or iPod.
It makes sense to optimize to iOS in this case!
3. Responsive Site or Mobile Version: This is a choice that you should be making. As you weigh the options, here are a few helpful considerations.
Is your site currently bringing in clients? If you have a site that you love and you know you will be keeping, your next step should be optimizing that site for mobile. A mobile site can be set up with shorter, more specific information, that mobile searchers may be looking for. Mobile sites should be available from your current web designer and host, if not let us know. If you are thinking of redesigning your site in the near future, talk to your web developer about what they can do to build in responsive technology. Today’s websites are being built with the mobile version in mind and should look, feel and function similar across devices.
Here are a few of our most recent client mobile re-designs:
Responsive site: www.hardyfarm.com
Beautiful web site with different mobile version: www.fpmaine.com
4. App: Apps are built specifically for the platform that they will be functioning on. Apps allow your brand to live permanently on your smartphone of your clients, potential clients and their guests. You are able to tailor information about what makes your property unique in a beautiful and intuitive manner. An app for your venue will serve as a mobile brochure that a potential client will take everywhere with them, from your competition’s property, to their office, and probably even to bed.
5. App or Mobile Version: We think that you need both! The mobile version of your website is just the introduction to your brand online. For someone just searching from a mobile device, not only do you need something that will get your information across quickly, but it also needs to look great on their device. An app built specifically for a platform and your brand will introduce your potential clients